There are various campaign types on Google Ads. Each one has a different ad composition and appears in distinct channels. Before you decide the model, it is crucial that your business has a clear objective and understand how Google Ads can support business goals. With that in mind, you can get the most of Search, Display, Video, Shopping, and App campaign.
Main Google Ads campaign types
- Search: make your potential clients find your business when they are looking for information, products or services related to yours. Your ads will appear in Google search results, search partners like YouTube.
- Display: increase awareness and reach audiences in precise interests using rich media ads. Display ads will perform in sites and apps throughout the display network and reach until 90% of internet users.
- Video: involve customers and tell a story grabbing their attention using video ads. Your video ads appear on YouTube and Google’s display network.
- Shopping: show complete information about your product and drive traffic and sales for your online or local store. Shopping ads appear at the top of Google search results.
- App: increase app installs or in-app actions like sign up or purchase. Your app ads appear in Search, Play Store, YouTube, as well as sites and apps throughout the display network.
Other specialized campaign types
For specific niche industry and some circumstances, Google Ads offers appropriate campaign options that best suits some goals:
- Local Campaigns: drive visits for local stores to grow offline performance advertisements in multiple platforms, such as Search, Maps, Display, and YouTube.
- Hotel: connect with people actively seeking a location to travel, showing your hotel prices and availability on Search, Maps, and Assistant.
- Discovery Campaigns: reach users across channels such as YouTube home page, Gmail and Google’s Discover Feed using rich media ads.
- Smart Campaigns: if you have limited time or experience in Google Ads, Smart Campaigns use machine learning to drive the best results for your determined goal.
How to refine your campaign
To optimize your campaign performance and budget, you can customize numerous features, and before you start your campaign, check the main settings:
- Device targeting: reach your customers on any device, including desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
- Location and language targeting: show to customers in particular locations, or who’ve chosen a language as their browser’s language.
- Bidding and budget targeting: the bid limit is the most that you’ll pay per click for ads in an ad group, and your budget is the average amount that you’re comfortable spending each day on your campaign.
- Ad extension: more information with your ads, such as location details, links to internal pages and your phone number.
Among a wide variety of ads format and different channels in your disposable on Google Ads, it is essential to comprehend the types of campaigns and how to optimize them for the best results for your goals.
Have you chosen the wrong type for your campaign before?